What is self-care? Self-care is a term used to describe a way to take care of yourself. This could be physically, mentally, socially, or spiritually. As we care for ourselves and care for others, we take on a lot of stress and give a lot of ourselves, at times this can leave us feeling depleted. Self-care is different for everyone and might change week to week. So what are some simple and easy ways to practice self care?
- Coffee with a friend
- Read a book
- Finding 10 minutes of alone time
- Listening to music
- Treating yourself to a yummy dessert
- Asking for help (around the house, car pool, etc)
- Talking to a counselor
- Attending a community event
- Finding a support group
- Finding something that makes you laugh
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our counseling services, contact us here.